1. The subjects and course contents for children are decided by the authorities, such as the central government. Some people think that students should decide these for themselves. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
2. Some people say that teaching foreign languages to children in primary school is good and the advantages of teaching foreign language early outweigh the disadvantages. What is youropinion?
3. It is right that university graduates should earn higher salary than less well-educated members. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
4. Nowadays cheap air travel is increasingly popular in the world. To what extent do you think its advantages outweigh its disadvantages?
5. Some people believe that children should do organized activities in their free time while others believe that children should be free to do what they want to do in their free time. What is your opinion?
6. Some people think food has been changed by technological advances and this is an improvement while others worry that is harmful. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
7. In many countries there is a general increase of juvenile delinquency. Why? How to solve this problem?
8. More people use the mobile phone or computer to communicate, and no longer write letters to each other. Some people think the skills of letter writing will soon disappear completely. Do you agree or disagree?
9. Countries with a long average working time are more economically successful. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
10. Some museums are charging for admission, while some museums are free for visit. What do you think that advantages of a free museum's outweigh disadvantages?
11. Some people think zoos are cruel and all the zoos should be closed. Some other people think zoos are useful. Discuss both views and give your opinion.
12. Some food travels thousands of miles to reach consumers. Some people think it would be better to our environment if people only eat locally-produced food. To what extent do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?
13. Some people think they should save for their future life in order to live well after retiring. To what extent do you agree?
14. More and more companies are allowing employees to work at home. Do you think it is a positive or negative trend?
15. Some people think the media should not report details of crimes to the public. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
16. Some people prefer to have temporary jobs. To what extent do you think the advantages of this outweigh the disadvantages?
17. Today, people can work and live almost anywhere they want to because of the improvement of communication technology and transportation. Do advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
18. Some people think that quality of older people's life nowadays is worse than before. To what extent do you agreeor disagree?
19. Multi-cultured societies are mixtures of many ethnic groups. Some people think the advantages of multi-cultured societies outweigh the disadvantages. Do you agree or disagree?
20. Some people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate schools. Others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
21. Many people who leave school hold a negative attitude towards learning. Why does it happen? What do you think would encourage them to have a positive attitude?
22. Some people think sending criminals toprison is not an effective way to deal with them. Education and training are better. To what extent do you agree?
23. When designing a building, it is more important for a building to serve a purpose than to look beautiful. How do you think?